The Senior Associate supports assigned client businesses' public relations and social media programs. The Senior Associate works directly with our client brands’ senior leadership and internal agency team to drive strategy via a deep understanding of their business.
A demonstrated history of successful public relations and social media campaigns is critical, particularly with public involvement, community outreach initiatives, and business-to-consumer campaigns. BGRM’s Senior Associate is expected to support innovative, proactive idea generation for clients with constant and continuous improvement in mind.
- Work on a direct set of clients within BGRM's Public Relations and Social Media department, focusing on the government relations / public involvement vertical and select business-to-consumer clients.
- Support overall strategy and execution of marketing communication programs, including oversight of budgeting and reporting.
- Collaborate with PR/Social Media team members and creative, digital, and media staff to execute marketing activities.
- Work with the SVP of Public Relations and Social Media to develop an account service strategy and form account plans and resource allocation.
- Manage and contribute to client content development across key communication channels, including newsletters, websites, and social media (organic and paid).
- Support department/agency new business development efforts; ongoing development of a suite of tools (research, project management, reporting) and client communication best practices
- Retention and client satisfaction.
- Represent BGRM in civic and professional association responsibilities and activities in the local community.
- Support/practice BGRM’s mission and values, internally and externally.
- Actively involved on a strategic basis to ensure the timely completion of projects.
- Maintains quality control of all group projects and ensures that projects are produced at or above client expectations.
- Maintains a direct relationship with clients on all PR and social media initiatives, guiding the client with expert, experience-based marketing recommendations and acting as a strategic partner.
- Seeks opportunities to improve communication plans through collaboration with all partners (internal and external).
- Works with Media, Brand Leadership, and Creative departments to be sure all necessary information, marketing, and advertising direction are acquired that could influence any and all agency work for the client.
- Determines appropriate key agency and client deliverables.
- 'Works with Media and PR/Social Media departments to determine success measures/KPIs and optimization strategies/models.
- Strong character, solution-orientation, results-driven, strategic thinker, connected to the community, strong desire to learn/grow, seeks feedback/gives feedback.
The ideal BGRM associate fits here because he or she:
- Believes in having fun at work.
- Gives a damn – going deep with clients and associates to push for bigger and better ideas.
- Is fearless – thriving in an environment where failure is accepted as a stepping stone to greatness.
- Cares deeply – building personal relationships with co-workers, clients, and within the community.
- Has integrity – doing the right thing no matter how hard it may be at times.
- Never stops learning – taking the journey beyond their job title.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in marketing, advertising, communications, or business.
- At least 3-5 years’ work experience, including agency and client-side public relations and corporate communications. Past work experience in an integrated agency environment is preferred.
- A demonstrated success with public involvement, community outreach, media relations, crisis communication, and issue management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal abilities for working in diverse team environments with staff, clients, and stakeholders.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with media representatives, elected officials, special interest groups, and the general public.
- Strong track record of media relations strategy and earned media coverage with local, regional, and national media outlets.
- Demonstrated experience with the development of client relationships.